Sunday, March 21, 2010

Silky smooth & slightly stinky

Funny to see myself quoted as an unidentified customer in the great story on the Chapel Hill Creamery today.

At the Durham Farmers' Market on that same Saturday morning, McKnight bounces on her toes while chanting a slogan for the no-name cheese: "Soft and silky, slightly stinky." In response, a customer quips: "That's how I like my men." Laughter erupts.
I'm sure she said wasn't soft and silky, but silky smooth. She did introduce me to her brother who was standing right there in all his rough glory, a farmer heart-throb all ready for Sandra Bullock's next movie.

My "quip" was good for a laugh, but in reality, I like my man (singular, but married) super smart and dryly witty. But that new cheese from the Chapel Hill Creamery was very interesting and I adore their Pheta. Keep making that great cheese, Portia and Florence!

No comments:

Post a Comment